Joeletter 10.1
Hey guys. I just wrote Joeletter 10.1 and posted it to my blog, so you are all welcome to read that. I'm going on vacation with my family starting Monday, so I'm gonna be gone for a bit, but I'll be back and post some more. I really love this idea. For time's sake, (I'm really tired at the moment), you're gonna have to read my blog for an overview of what we will be doing. And it's definetely an overview, 'cause I still don't have all the details straight in my head. I just know that I will be once again boarding a plane, and then getting into a van for two weeks. I'm already having Deeper flashbacks. *shudder*
Today I qualified (passed the test) for my third driving learner's permit. It's faster than getting my license (at the moment), and I still need to learn parallel parking. That test is definetely getting easier.
I also signed up at a temporary employment agency for the summer, and it looks like I will be working for Delta Faucet as soon as I get back from vacation with my family. As far as the haying crew goes, that's still on too, but when I talked with they guy today it sounded like that's kinda an on/off thing, and he doesn't know how much he will need me. And, I'm still on the job for my very first employer-for-two-years, mowing his grass. This summer is looking to be crazy.
The only thing that is helping me not worry quite so much about how it will all work out (too much work, timing, earning enough) was Ezra chapter 1 this morning. The second phrase says, "In order to fulfill the prophecy written in Jeremiah..." of course, Jeremiah talks about several things. But his point is always the One Thing, returning to God, being His, being in His plan, not our own. The first prophecy that I remembered from Jeremiah was the "For I know the plans I have for you... " That was such an encouragement and peace-bringer to me this morning, seeing how the very foundation of the book of Ezra was God fulfilling His Word. He did it once, and He'll do it again, always providing a way for me to be faithful this summer.
Wow, it's gonna be crazy.
In His Time,
Today I qualified (passed the test) for my third driving learner's permit. It's faster than getting my license (at the moment), and I still need to learn parallel parking. That test is definetely getting easier.
I also signed up at a temporary employment agency for the summer, and it looks like I will be working for Delta Faucet as soon as I get back from vacation with my family. As far as the haying crew goes, that's still on too, but when I talked with they guy today it sounded like that's kinda an on/off thing, and he doesn't know how much he will need me. And, I'm still on the job for my very first employer-for-two-years, mowing his grass. This summer is looking to be crazy.
The only thing that is helping me not worry quite so much about how it will all work out (too much work, timing, earning enough) was Ezra chapter 1 this morning. The second phrase says, "In order to fulfill the prophecy written in Jeremiah..." of course, Jeremiah talks about several things. But his point is always the One Thing, returning to God, being His, being in His plan, not our own. The first prophecy that I remembered from Jeremiah was the "For I know the plans I have for you... " That was such an encouragement and peace-bringer to me this morning, seeing how the very foundation of the book of Ezra was God fulfilling His Word. He did it once, and He'll do it again, always providing a way for me to be faithful this summer.
Wow, it's gonna be crazy.
In His Time,

1 Comments:
At 8:23 AM,
Kit Dotson said…
Hay, Grass, Faucets...sounds like great ways to pursue God this summer (of course I would/could say that for anything...with maybe a few obvious excpetions in which it might prove more difficult to pursue God).
Have fun doing it.
Post a Comment
<< Home