DTI 05

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My life is fairly boring right now

I would write, but nothing of real import is actually happening right now. I'm working at Delta Faucet, a factory near my home. I bought a hat with a clear plastic sleeve on the front of it, for 2.88 at Wal-mart. (the sleeve is big enough to put an ID in. I'm writing some things up to put in there, and I'm planning on wearing it to Nationals (see below), and college. It's good fun!)

I'm hoping to spend this weekend in Chicago with my sisters and my former Bible Bowl team. The July 4 week is Nationals week for Bible Bowl. Everybody who's anybody (in the Bbowl realm) will be there. I am looking forward to seeing some friends that I haven't seen since Nationals last year. And I'm looking forward to wearing my hat!

Yes, Kit, I will be wearing my Friendship Marker. What's hilarious is that when I visited the KCU tournament (before starting work), that actually is how several people recognized me. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't wear it, I would be practically invisible.

So, I know you're still wondering how this hat works. Well, it's like all those funny t-shirts that people buy and wear. (as opposed to buying and not wearing? Or not buying, and wearing?) You write those same lines on a piece of paper 2" by 3", and stick it in the pocket/sleeve on top. Then people come along, read it, laugh, and think, "My, he's clever and funny." Some examples:

"Do you believe in love at first sight? ............. Or should I walk by again?"

"Never overestimate the power of smart people in small groups"

"I'm not alseep! I'm just in screen-saver mode."

and if you leave your hat somewhere, you put this in:

I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here"

You get the point. It's all the world's best sayings in one simple, wearable item!


I gotta go write some more. Later!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Yay Joel! It is so good to hear some stuff. I think the last idea you had to put in your hat confused me, but I think it may be written for people of my intelligence :) I have a bumper sticker that I found when I cleaned my room (trust me, there are many more of these "finds" after a two day cleansing of my room) that says, "I (heart)______" . I was wondering if you could help me think of something weird to write on it, i.e. sea monkeys, one-legged pirates, etc. (I am, however, leaning more towards the pirate one). I am happy to hear from you, maybe, since this comment is so long, I should just start e-mailing you-eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home