Co-worker
One of the girls at work has been pouring out her heart to me these last couple of days. I hurt so much for her, for the freedom that she could have. In high school she really felt on fire for God, but these past two years in college have "cooled her jets." It's not that she doesn't believe in God anymore, she just hasn't been seeking Him. And that makes her feel like she's unworthy of Him. She still believes, but I think it's the same kind of belief that I had before Deeper - knowledge, not experience. She is still kinda bound by some of our church's legalistic teachings on clean and unclean, 'doing,' the usual. Ha, I sound so cavalier. I am so sad, I hurt for her. I talk some, but I really am completely (as usual) clueless as to what I should do. Which is good, that helps me remember that I can't do anything anyway. It comes back to pursuing Him for myself while talking with her, knowing that is simply the very best thing that I can do.
That's something that I have been working (read trying hard, maybe even struggling) to learn while at work. What does it mean to respond to God in this environment? How do I listen to Him, and do what He is already doing here? Insights, anyone?
In His Time,
That's something that I have been working (read trying hard, maybe even struggling) to learn while at work. What does it mean to respond to God in this environment? How do I listen to Him, and do what He is already doing here? Insights, anyone?
In His Time,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home