DTI 05

Monday, August 22, 2005

The "Normal" Life

I have been registering for classes and searching for jobs lately and thinking, "this is so weird." I guess it just seems strange because all my life I have felt older than I was and now I am going to college and taking freshmen courses and applying for jobs, when all of my high school classmates are juniors in college now and pretty much steady in a career. It is really funny because I am becoming a neat freak, I packed my little backpack yesterday and put my books in the order of my class schedule. Maybe that would just be classified as a nerd. Applying for jobs has not been much better because I feel so funny going around saying in a sweet voice, "Are ya'll hiring?" (because that is how you sound sweet in these parts).

But I am really excited about life, even if God is not wanting me to worship in Africa or serve others in India, I am learning to be okay with the "normal" life. Although, I am not sure my life can really ever be "normal".

My summer has been amazing and difficult but I am glad autumn is near. Family life is still going to be difficult with me living at home and all, my father often forgets I am twenty and my mother still thinks I am trying to "fit in", which is true in a lot of aspects (sadly) but not true in the image she pictures (you know, clothes, cool notebooks, etc! haha). I fear this is how life goes, so mostly I have stopped trying to "prove" myself and allow God to prove himself...odd concept :)

I miss you all a lot and hope you are allowing God to shine down on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home